Finnair is a community of top performing reformers who do things with a big heart. We are bridging the world and creating opportunities for meaningful encounters. Every day we challenge ourselves, each other and our know-how so that we can provide the very best experience for our domestic and international customers. Responsibility and our values – Commitment to care, Simplicity and Courage – guide us in everything we do. We are a workplace, a partner, that takes care of its own; because happy employees ensure happy customers. Come join us in creating unique human encounters.
To continuously understand our customers better, we are now looking for an analytical and business-mindedDATA SCIENTIST
to join our Customer Experience Analytics team to Finnair headquarters in Vantaa. The team is responsible for providing insight into customer experience decision-making at Finnair as well as improving the customer experience with the use of data across the customer journey. The team is part of Finnair's Customer Experience unit.
In this role, you will analyse and create machine learning models to find insights from our customers' behaviour to improve customer experience, customer satisfaction and business opportunities, as well as to understand new potential customers.
You will be implementing models to support the customer interaction in various touchpoints and promote new ways of using data across the customer journey. You will develop how Finnair collects, uses and combines customer and operational data and give input to Finnair's data platform development.
You will work together with both our development and operational teams. In addition, you will participate in customer experience concept, product development and tool development projects. Your work will be tightly linked with Finnair Customer Experience strategy. You will report to Head of Customer Experience Analytics.
If you are interested in employing your deep scientific expertise to improve Finnair's customer experience decision-making, this role might be yours. You might be the person we are looking for if you are an analytical and proactive team player who is passionate about data science and customer experience.Our expectations towards you:
- Master's degree from a relevant field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, econometrics, engineering)
- Strong experience in data mining techniques and a proven track record in advanced analytics in a data intensive environment
- Ability to build models and perform predictive analytics via mathematical methods, algorithm usage and creation
- Experience in machine learning techniques and analytics visualization
- Experience in text analytics is a plus
- Good business and customer understanding
- Ability to translate business questions and opportunities into analyses and actions
- Business-minded self-starter with strong communication skills
- Experience in programming languages such as R, Python
- Experience in extracting data from databases using languages such as SQL
- Experience working in AWS environment is a plus
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
We offer you an exciting opportunity in the multifaceted, fast-changing aviation and travel industry. This is a great time to join our Customer Experience unit and contribute to our strategic initiatives building great experiences for our customers. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.
Please submit your application and salary expectation with your CV and motivation letter attached no later than on Tuesday, February 19
at www.finnair.com/jobs. For more information, please contact Head of Customer Experience Analytics Nina Marila (+358 45 633 0710) on Wednesday, February 13 between 14-15 or on Monday, February 18 between 10-11. You can also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.