Finnair is a network airline specialising in passenger and cargo traffic between Asia and Europe. Helsinki's geographical location gives Finnair a competitive advantage, since the fastest connections between many European destinations and Asian megacities fly over Finland. Finnair's vision is to offer its passengers a unique Nordic experience, and its mission is to offer the smoothest, fastest connections in the northern hemisphere via Helsinki and the best network to the world from its home markets. Finnair is the only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking and a member of the one
world alliance. In 2016, Finnair's revenues amounted to EUR 2,317 million and it had a personnel of 4,940 at the year-end. Finnair Plc's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are now looking for a passionate E-COMMERCE & PRODUCT MANAGER
to ensure the success of Finnair Travel Retail's eCommerce operations and specified product category. In this role your focus will be in understanding customer needs, sourcing retail brands that meet customer needs, optimizing user experience and sales in all digital retail channels as well as creating inspirational content and customer engagement.
You will report to the Head of Finnair Travel Retail Sales but also work closely with the Head of Finnair Travel Retail Product Management. Other key stakeholders are ancillary business, direct sales, global sales, brand, marketing and customer loyalty and inflight experience as well as external vendors. Main responsibilities:
- Developing the eCommerce retail sales operations throughout Finnair digital customer journey with special focus on retail webstores ‘finnairshop.com' and ‘Nordic sky pre-order store'
- Driving world-class retail eCommerce including such functions as traffic generation, sales optimization, sales campaigns and personalization
- Overall responsibility for a specified product category management
- Providing insight on global retail and consumer trends, contacting promising new lifestyle brands and leading the contract negotiations
- Managing daily online sales activities, taking part in monthly sales forecasting and supporting management with analysis of key business metrics and site performance
- Operating and maintaining the retail eCommerce sales activities for feasible revenue generation
- Revenue and actions reporting within defined area
- Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Several years of work experience in the field of online retail, preferably at a big global retailer
- Proven track record in developing a successful eCommerce business that has maintained significant year over year growth
- Strong understanding of eCommerce concepts, retail strategy, consumer trends and best practice from consumer focused online retail environment
- Experience in Conversion Optimisation, A/B testing processes, Personalization, Google Analytics
- Experience in retail product management and contract negotiations
- Proven track record in project management and structured and systematic way of working
- Strong analytical skills and solid stakeholder management experience
- Driven and proactive approach with confidence and ability to consistently get the best out of other people
- Fluent in English, Finnish or Swedish are considered as an advantage
Please send your application with your CV, cover letter and salary request by Wednesday January 17th at www.finnair.com/jobs.
For more information, please contact Riina Hyöky, Head of Finnair Travel Retail Sales (+358 50 326 8880) on January 5th at 14-15 o'clock Finnish Time. You may also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.