Finnair is a network airline specialising in passenger and cargo traffic between Asia and Europe. Helsinki's geographical location gives Finnair a competitive advantage, since the fastest connections between many European destinations and Asian megacities fly over Finland. Finnair's vision is to offer its passengers a unique Nordic experience, and its mission is to offer the smoothest, fastest connections in the northern hemisphere via Helsinki and the best network to the world from its home markets. Finnair is the only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking and a member of the one
world alliance. In 2016, Finnair's revenues amounted to EUR 2,317 million and it had a personnel of 4,940 at the year-end. Finnair Plc's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Operations division's task is to execute Finnair's flight operations safely, economically and in a reliable manner. Finnair Technical Operations is responsible for the airworthiness of Finnair fleet. The key objectives of Technical Operations are safety, reliable flight operations and cost-efficient maintenance processes.
We are now looking for a skilled Fleet Engineer, Avionics Systems
to be responsible for engineering projects, independently completing assignments and developing processes of the Airbus A330/A350 Fleet Engineering Team. In this position you will be developing aircraft and system capabilities, resolving problem cases, monitoring manufacturer/community information and Finnair fleet metrics to improve aircraft reliability, maintain aircraft continuing airworthiness and optimize maintenance cost. Main responsibilities:
- Specialist in Data Recorders and ACMS (ATA 23, 31, 45)
- Developing and maintaining aircraft communication means including Datalink
- Maintaining aircraft databases and managing aircraft data configuration
- Developing predictive maintenance and health monitoring models and tools
- Engineering processes related to continuing airworthiness management (reliability management, aircraft configuration and modification control etc.)
- Performing cost benefit analyses to justify investment and make proposals for considered aircraft modifications to support reliability and operating economics
- Active communication with Aircraft OEM, vendors and other partners
- Applicable technical education at B.Sc. or M.Sc. level
- Strong experience in engineering, previous aircraft experience is an advantage
- Engineering insight and judgement to facilitate making rational engineering decisions
- Excellent co-operation and communication skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and co-operate to share expertise with others
- Fluent English both written and spoken required, Finnish will be considered advantage
- Good analytical and IT skills together with interest in using data to improve predictive maintenance activities
We offer you a work place with a relaxed working environment and atmosphere promoting new ways of thinking. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.
To apply, please submit your application with your CV, cover letter and salary request by 21 st of January, 2018 at www.finnair.com/jobs
. For more information, please send your questions to email@example.com