Finnair is a network airline specialising in passenger and cargo traffic between Asia and Europe. Helsinki's geographical location gives Finnair a competitive advantage, since the fastest connections between many European destinations and Asian megacities fly over Finland. Finnair's vision is to offer its passengers a unique Nordic experience, and its mission is to offer the smoothest, fastest connections in the northern hemisphere via Helsinki and the best network to the world from its home markets. Finnair is the only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking and a member of the oneworld alliance. In 2016, Finnair's revenues amounted to EUR 2,317 million and it had a personnel of 4,940 at the year-end. Finnair Plc's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki.
Operations division's task is to execute Finnair's flight operations safely, economically and in a reliable manner. Finnair Technical Operations is responsible for the airworthiness of Finnair fleet. The key objectives of Technical Operations are safety, reliable flight operations and cost-efficient maintenance processes. Finnair Technical Operations consists of Finnair Technical Services and Operational Maintenance.
We are now looking for a MANAGER, OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY
to lead and steer Finnair Technical Operations towards Zero Accidents. In the role, you will work in close cooperation with our Corporate/Group Occupational Safety Manager and take an active and hands-on approach to developing and promoting the occupational safety management system of Technical Operations. This is a new position in the organization and reports to Vice President, Technical Operations. Your main responsibilities will include:
To be considered for the role, we expect you to have:
- Compiling the safety policies and procedures and formulating the annual safety programs for Technical Operations together with management.
- Continuously promoting and communicating occupational safety practices and identifying hazards.
- Organizing periodical occupational risk assessments and workplace evaluations in cooperation with health services.
- Organizing, together with line management, periodical audits and reviews of the occupational safety management system and occupational hazards.
- Steering and developing processes for accident and hazard investigation and reporting the safety performance of Technical Operations.
To be successful in the role, you will benefit from:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an occupational safety management position
- Work experience from an industrial, production or property management environment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree or equivalent studies in e.g. occupational safety management, risk management, or chemical hazards
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Good knowledge of occupational safety management systems and related laws and regulations
- Good management and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and networking skills
- Knowledge in chemicals
Knowledge in aircraft maintenance or aviation would be considered an extra asset.
We offer you a challenging and motivating job in a growing company and dynamic environment. We are located in modern and comfortable premises near Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport.
Please submit your application along with your CV, Cover Letter and Salary Expectation at Finnair.com/jobs no later than Sunday, February 25th. If you have any questions regarding the job, please contact Finnair Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org