Finnair is a network airline specialising in passenger and cargo traffic between Asia and Europe. Helsinki's geographical location gives Finnair a competitive advantage, since the fastest connections between many European destinations and Asian megacities fly over Finland. Finnair's vision is to offer its passengers a unique Nordic experience, and its mission is to offer the smoothest, fastest connections in the northern hemisphere via Helsinki and the best network to the world from its home markets. Finnair is the only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking and a member of the one world alliance. In 2016, Finnair's revenues amounted to EUR 2,317 million and it had a personnel of 4,940 at the year-end. Finnair Plc's shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki.
To support Finnair's growth and strategic focus Revenue Management and Pricing department is under transformation towards organisation with deeper market focus and next generation systems. With the more advanced approach we take on our markets and our business problem brings in a new level of complexity that requires sophisticated support on revenue science, analytics, and operations research.
To make this happen, we are now looking for a sharp and business-oriented
OPERATIONAL RESEARCH ANALYST
to strengthen our team of Revenue Management and Pricing (RMP) experts and to develop and implement relevant research initiatives.
In this role, you will support key RMP decisions, strategies and initiatives through use of advanced analytics and reporting. You will act as a Finnair's internal consultant, gathering requirements, conducting analysis and presenting the findings. In your work, you will use forecasting, simulation and appropriate stochastic modelling to solve commercial challenges and problems. By providing mathematical modeling and analysis services you will support the rest of the Revenue Management and Pricing team members in their work. In your work, you will get to generate practical solutions to complex business problems, explore new business alternatives and thus drive improvements in business decisions.
We are looking for a person with comprehensive knowledge and experience of operations research methodologies and approaches who can ensure our practices in Revenue Management and Pricing as well as our operational research are top notch and in line with industry best practice. Your research and recommendations will shape the profitability of Finnair.
- Identifying and researching challenges in pricing, passenger demand forecasting and inventory management.
- Providing theoretical and statistical guidance to support decisions and provide direction to tap into new revenue sources.
- Continuous and rigorous network revenue maximising through analysis and interpretation
- Supporting, refuting, or refining revenue optimisation theories and initiatives
- Managing or actively participating in long-term strategic projects giving leading commercial edge.
- Keeping track of the latest operational research and RMP development ensuring best practice standards are consistently applied
- Participating in the development of RMP process design and best practice development.
Our expectations towards you:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of operational research principles, theories and application.
- Strong experience in data analysis as well as in applying operational research methodologies to revenue/yield management issues and in solving complex business problems.
- Excellent analytical skills together with ability to structure, define and solve complex problems.
- Programming skills, preferably in Python or R
- Ability to analyze, interpret and present large volumes of data with tools like R, SAS, SQL, business intelligence software etc.
- Experience in operations research, commercial analysis, statistics and/or commercial research, preferably for a network airline carrier.
- Self-starter attitude with sharp commercial acumen and goal-orientation
- Effective communicator with ability to describe complex systems and solutions in an easy to understand manner.
- Good collaboration skills with interest in taking part and leading projects
- Good prioritization and time planning skills together with attention to detail
- Fluent English, both written & verbal, is required.
- Master's Degree in an analytical discipline in the area of Operational Research, Economics, Engineering, Statistics or a related applied Mathematical field.
We offer you an exciting opportunity in the multifaceted, fast changing aviation and travel industry. This is a great time to join the Finnair and contribute to our growth journey. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.
Want to join? Fill in the application form, attaching your CV, cover letter and salary request by December 15 th , 2017 at www.finnair.com/jobs. For more information, please contact Antti Tolvanen, Head of Business Transformation by phone +358 50 494 0304 on December 8th, or 11th between 10:00 and 13:00. You can also send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.