Finnair is specialised in fast connections between Europe and Asia via Helsinki. The airline carries more than eight million passengers annually and connects 13 cities in Asia with more than 60 destinations in Europe. The airline, a pioneer in sustainable flying, operates a young, modern fleet and is the first airline listed in the Leadership Index of the worldwide Carbon Disclosure Project. The only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking, Finnair has also won the World Airline Award for Best Airline Northern Europe for the past seven years running. Finnair is a member of oneworld, the alliance of the world's leading airlines committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers.
We are now looking for a skilled Process Owner, Turnaround Processes
to determine and document process requirements of turnaround related processes for Finnair flights, as well as develop processes using agile methods. The key sub-processes for this role are aircraft loading, apron transportation and aircraft towing activities. Main responsibilities:
- Improve turnaround related processes and optimize the turnaround times at Helsinki Hub and Finnair network
- Participate in the tendering processes of Aircraft Loading and Ground Transportation at Helsinki Hub operations
- Verify that aircraft turnaround process related services and products meet the company standard for quality and cost
- Establish, manage and approve the contents of Finnair ground operations manual as per of responsibility areas
Expectations from a successful candidate:
- Solid understanding of critical project management concepts such as tasks, dependencies, risks, issues, status reporting
- Experience with Six Sigma methodologies and Agile development is desired
- Experience in airport operations and ground handling management/supervision duties preferred but not required
- Understanding on aviation safety and quality as well as ground operations standards and processes is preferred
- Experience of using analytical tools (e.g. IBM Cognos) is preferred
- Ability to work without significant guidance and management directives to successfully formulate strategy and drive change in organizations
- Hands-on mentality and passion to learn
- Advanced Excel and other MS Office tools skills
- Relevant degree of education, preferably Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The selected person reports to Manager, Turnaround Processes and Compliance.
Please apply by January 14 th 2018 on our website and include your application, CV and salary request. We will start screening the applications already during the application period. For more information please call Manager, Turnaround Processes and Compliance Hannu Hakkarainen (+358 50 312 1014) on Wednesday 4th January between 13:00-15:00. You can also send your questions to email@example.com.