Operations division's task is to execute Finnair's flight operations safely, economically and in a reliable manner. Finnair Technical Operations is responsible for the airworthiness of Finnair fleet. The key objectives of Technical Operations are safety, reliable flight operations and cost-efficient maintenance processes. Finnair Technical Operations consists of Finnair Technical Services and Operational Maintenance.
We are now looking for two
ENGINEERS IN STRUCTURAL TEAM
to independently complete assigned duties in Operative & Structural Engineering Team, monitor Finnair fleet system performance and reliability and resolve problem cases. The Structures Engineers will also monitor manufacturer and community information to improve aircraft reliability and monitor airworthiness data to keep aircraft in compliance with the requirements. The main purpose of the job is to improve aircraft reliability, maintain continuing airworthiness and optimize maintenance cost.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing engineering projects
- Engineering processes related to continuing airworthiness management (reliability management, aircraft configuration, modification control etc.)
- Performing cost benefit analyses to justify investments and making proposals for considered aircraft modifications to support reliability and operating economics
- Providing troubleshooting support to production
To be successful in the role, you will benefit from:
- Applicable technical education at M.Sc., M.Eng., B.Sc. or equivalent
- Experience in aircraft and its systems, preferably in area of structures/painting/chemicals
- Fluent written and spoken English. Fluency in Finnish is also preferred.
- Excellent co-operation and communication skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate and lead projects
- Highly motivated, proactive and supportive approach
We offer you an exciting opportunity in the interesting aviation industry. This is a great time to join the Finnair team and contribute to our growth journey. Here at Finnair ambitious, competent and motivated people can really make a difference.
Please submit your application by January 21, 2018 with your CV and salary request at www.finnair.com/jobs. For additional information regarding the position, please contact Manager, Structural Engineering Katja Pöyry on Thursday, January 11 at 9 – 11, tel. +358 40 7798923, or send your questions to email@example.com.